Exciting Opportunity: Casual Secondary School Officer
Posted on 23rd March 2023 at 10:38
A new opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our Premier League Inspires team in the position of a Casual Secondary School Officer at the Tigers Trust.
The role of a Casual Secondary School Officer is to deliver activities in secondary schools in the short-, medium- or long-term absence of current project staff showing a flexibility to work varied hours, across different days of the week, potentially in various locations across Hull and East Riding.
Your key responsibilities
• Cover sessions effectively in the absence of regular school-based Tigers Trust staff members
• Be familiar with the programme resources and range of activities delivered within the project
• Use own knowledge to plan, deliver and review sessions to deliver subsequent sessions.
• Deliver highly engaging and rewarding classroom and/or practical sport sessions that enable students to progress with their personal skills and educational outcomes
• Work closely with school contacts to ensure continued session delivery in the absence of regular Tigers Trust staff members
• Maintain strong, robust, and clear lines of communication and relationships with key school staff and the project lead
• Be able to evidence activity impact through obtaining qualitative and quantitative information
• Use online monitoring and evaluation system (Views) to record attendance
• Demonstrate a committed approach towards ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion across all provision
• Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures – Data Protection, Health & Safety, Safeguarding etc.
What are we looking for?
• Experience of working with young people in a school environment (classroom based) including those with additional needs e.g., low confidence, Pupil Premium, Poor Behaviour
• An ability to manage young people in a classroom setting
• Experience of assessing learning
• Ability to be innovative and plan lessons in line with schemes of work with own initiative
• Experience of basic monitoring and evaluating processes
• Safeguarding Children Qualification and awareness of key procedures
• Emergency First Aid certificate
• Knowledge of health and safety requirements and experience of risk assessing activities
• Qualifications and experience in coaching/leading various sports activities
• Mental health first aid or awareness training
To find a full job description for this role, please click here.
Please submit application by way of CV and cover letter, outlining why you are the best person for the role and how you meet the job criteria to [email protected].
Appointment to this role is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check (with children’s barred list check) and references.
Tagged as: Jobs
Share this post: