Sports Awards 2014 +
Our Premier League 4 Sport Project (PL4S) welcomed its local award winners to the KC Stadium on Saturday 1st November. Having gained recognition for their tremendous effort and commitment towards the project and their sport in general, they now progress to the Regional Awards.
Our winners include:
- Pauline Hardy, Regional Development Officer for Netball England
- Paul Pratt, Senior Coach at Hull Badminton Centre
- Luke Carrington, Table Tennis Coach
- Tia Hardmeat, Netball player and now volunteer with over 100 hours
- Harry Dai, gained national success in Table Tennis
- South Hunsley High School, runners-up in the Premier League Schools Tournament for Girls held at the Etihad Stadium
Matt Conway, Programme Coordinator said, "It was nice to show the coaches and participants some recognition before attending the Regional Awards in Middlesbrough. PL4Sport would not be so successful without the achievements and hard work of the people involved."
Premier League 4 Sport uses the power of football and the club brand to engage and encourage young people to participate in sport. The project started in 2009 and to date over 2,500 young people have attended sessions across the region. The Tigers Trust have over twenty satellite clubs in the following sports; Badminton, Basketball, Golf, Hockey, Netball, Table Tennis and Tennis. With funding until 2016 from the Premier League and Sport England the project is in a strong position.
Matt added, "Local partnerships have been key to the success. The network of schools, clubs and coaches are an invaluable resource. The Humber Sports Partnership is also supportive and is working with us to sustain and grow the project further."