Exciting Opportunity: Casual Sports Coach
Posted on 22nd March 2023 at 10:40
A new opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our Premier League Primary Stars team in the position of a Casual Sports Coach at the Tigers Trust.
The role of a Casual Sports Coach is to deliver activities in primary schools in the short-, medium- or long-term absence of current project staff showing a flexibility to work varied hours, across different days of the week, potentially in various locations across Hull and East Riding.
Your key responsibilities
• Cover sessions effectively in the absence of regular school-based Tigers Trust staff members.
• Support Football Centre programme during school holidays.
• Be familiar with the programme resources and range of activities delivered within the project
• Use own knowledge to plan, deliver and review sessions to deliver subsequent sessions.
• Deliver highly engaging and rewarding classroom and/or practical sport sessions that encourage children to progress and achieve their personal best
• Work closely with school contacts to ensure continued session delivery in the absence of regular Tigers Trust staff members
• Maintain strong, robust, and clear lines of communication and relationships with key school staff and the project lead
• Be able to evidence activity impact through obtaining qualitative and quantitative information
• Use online monitoring and evaluation system (Views) to record attendance
• Demonstrate a committed approach towards ensuring equality, diversity and inclusion across all provision
• Ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures – Data Protection, Health & Safety, Safeguarding etc.
What are we looking for?
• Experience in coaching/leading various sports, fitness, dance, outdoor and adventurous activities
• Experience of working within education
• NGB Level 2 Qualification in Sports Coaching
• Experience of managing and leading people
• Experience of working with children with special educational needs or a disability
• Experience of working with vulnerable and hard to reach children and an ability to empathise with their situation
• Knowledge of health and safety requirements and experience of risk assessing activity
• Experience of working in partnership with a variety of agencies
To find a full job description for this role, please click here.
Please submit application by way of CV and cover letter, outlining why you are the best person for the role and how you meet the job criteria to [email protected].
Appointment to this role is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Check (with children’s barred list check) and references.
Tagged as: Jobs
Share this post: